– Many would argue the marketers have appropriated Christmas. On the face of tonight’s TV advertising they’d be right. It’s milk-the-event-dry stuff;
– Sales stat: Boots will sell more fragrance tomorrow (Christmas eve) than they do in the month of April;
– Argos were the first to pull the Christmas advert trigger by airing on 16th October;
– VISA expected to handle 26.5 million transactions today, totalling more than £1.2 billion;
– Brits will spend £150 million on trees and £40m on turkeys this Christmas;
– Woolworths – a company that infamously only ever made a profit in Q4 – produced the first blockbuster advert in 1982. It really was a watershed when you look at the big players today and their celebrity feast (John Lewis, M&S et al).